Ultra Durable Technologies is seeking a Manufacturing Associate to work with our production/warehouse team. If you like to stay busy doing a variety of tasks both independently and with a team, you will fit right in.
Full and/or part-time opportunities are available at our Saint Cloud, MN headquarters.
The Manufacturing Associate is responsible for assisting the production and shipping functions as well as maintaining a clean facility. This position requires flexibility and understanding that all warehouse staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the company.
- Fill dry and liquid chemical materials in appropriate containers as requested
- Label containers appropriately
- Apply lot #s and use by dates accurately
- Complete written filling and labelling worksheets
- Sort and stock filled product according to warehouse procedures
- Be flexible to assist or fill in as needed in other areas of the production department, such as coating and sanding flooring and samples.
- Pick items from shelves according to printed pick lists and assemble orders onto carts
- Assist with getting orders ready to ship by labeling products, boxing up products, and preparing occasional pallet shipments.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Spot mop warehouse and production floors weekly (usually Fridays)
- Scrub warehouse floors monthly or as needed
- Empty trash as needed
- Other tasks such as directed: spray weeds, mow a small plot of grass, and sweep/shovel snow around entrances only
Shipping / Receiving Assistance
- Assist with unloading and loading of palletized products with forklift
- Assist with unpacking and inspecting all contents of incoming shipments for damage and defects, and noting any discrepancies and provide signed packing slips to front office in a timely manner
- Operate and maneuver warehouse tools and equipment, including but not limited to pallet jacks, forklifts and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials consistent with the manufacturer’s instructions and safety instructions
- Perform hard counts of inventory items and fill out inventory forms in both written and computerized formats
- Assist with sorting and stocking shelves with incoming shipments according to established procedures
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Extended periods of standing.
- Potential exposure to mildly hazardous materials — safety equipment & training provided.
- Infrequent lifting up to 60 lbs. Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Work area is climate-controlled with the potential for occasional warm and humid work environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to read and write English.
- Capable of lifting 60 lbs.
- Able to operate sit down forklift and manual pallet jacks – training provided.
- Hazmat shipping certification is a plus.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving functions helpful.
- Must be capable of using Microsoft 365, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Desire to adhere to UDT’s core values
Benefits available for full-time employees
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Long term disability insurance