Quality Control & Production Technician
Quality Control & Production Technician (Active) – Posted 2020.08.14
The QC & Production Technician position works closely with our chemistry and production teams to assist with producing and testing various floor coatings. This position is full-time and is based out of our St. Cloud, MN headquarters.
- Run standardized quality control tests on raw materials, production lots, and finished filled products.
- Document and report test results.
- Custom color matching
- Maintain lab equipment and ensure the accuracy of devices.
- Assist with stocking lab with supplies, samples, and equipment.
- Keep the lab organized and clean.
- Support safe laboratory processes that comply with all environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Unpack and inspect contents of incoming shipments noting any damage, defects, or quantity discrepancies.
- Assist with mixing compounds and/or filling and packaging products.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Quality control and/or chemical manufacturing experience.
- Additional experience in the paint and coatings industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment, such as viscometer and analytical scale.
- Experience using the metric system and conversion to Imperial.
- Experienced with Microsoft 365.
- Proficient math skills.
- Able to accurately gather and analyze data.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Comfortable sharing ideas and results with a team.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of lifting 60 lbs.
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors
- Potential exposure to mildly hazardous materials — safety equipment & training provided.
- Work area is climate-controlled with the potential for an occasional warm and humid work environment.
Salary and benefits offered
- Competitive pay
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance