Receiving Associate (Active) – Posted 2020.03.02
Ultra Durable Technologies is seeking a reliable and hardworking Receiving Associate to work with our production/warehouse team.
This position is full-time and is based out of our St. Cloud, MN headquarters.
The Receiving Associate is responsible for all functions related to the receipt and inspection of materials entering the building as well as maintaining and organizing the warehouse. This position requires flexibility and understanding that all warehouse staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the company.
- Unload and load palletized products with forklift
- Unpack and inspect contents of incoming shipments for damage and defects, and noting any discrepancies and provide signed packing slips to front office in a timely manner
- Operate and maneuver warehouse tools and equipment, including but not limited to pallet jacks, forklifts and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials consistent with the manufacturer’s instructions and safety instructions
- Sort and stock shelves with incoming shipments according to established procedures
- Maintain the warehouse in an orderly and clean state
- Assist with hard counts of inventory items
Production / Manufacturing
- Be flexible to assist or fill in as needed in other areas of the production department, such as filling, labeling, or sanding flooring and samples
- Follow all safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, carrying, etc.
- Assist in creation of warehouse procedures and policies and ensure that they are kept current.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of all warehouse operations.
- Cross train personnel on regular basis.
- Assist in new hire training program as requested.
- Pick items from shelves according to printed pick lists and assemble orders onto carts
- Assist with getting orders ready to ship by labeling products, boxing up products, and preparing occasional pallet shipments.
- Back up shipping coordinator
- Obtain and maintain hazmat shipping certification(s)
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Extended periods of standing
- Potential exposure to mildly hazardous materials — safety equipment & training provided.
- Infrequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Work area is climate-controlled with the potential for occasional warm and humid work environment
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma.
- Able to read and write English.
- Capable of lifting 75lbs.
- Must be able to operate sit down forklift and manual pallet jacks. Training available.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must have Hazmat shipping certification or the ability to quickly obtain it.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving functions helpful.
- Must be capable of using Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Adhere to UDT’s core values
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting pay $16 per hour
- Health insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- 8 paid holidays
- 1 week paid vacation