Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Active) – Posted 2021.01.15
Ultra Durable Technologies is seeking a reliable and hardworking Shipping and Receiving Coordinator. This full-time position is located at our headquarters in Saint Cloud, MN.
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator will focus on shipping logistics, pick and pack process, receiving, inventory and general warehouse operations. Attention to detail is critical for this position.
- Review picked orders for accuracy and sign off / initial accordingly.
- Package all picked orders according to printed pick lists and properly affix box labels, shipping labels, hazmat labels, and SDS.
- Weigh and measure products prior to shipping.
- Choose the proper carrier and arrange for transportation as needed.
- Use various shipping software to create shipping labels ensuring the accuracy of names, addresses, and proper email notifications.
- Arrange transportation of packaged and palletized orders with the carrier.
- Prepare bills of lading and other necessary documents for specialized shipments such as international or hazardous materials.
- Complete picklist with a ship date, lot numbers/use-by dates, freight charges, box weights and dimensions (if applicable), and any back ordered items and/or partial shipments.
- Obtain and maintain hazmat shipping certification(s).
- Load palletized shipments with a forklift.
- Unload palletized shipments with a forklift.
- Unpack and inspect contents of incoming shipments noting any damage, defects, or quantity discrepancies on the packing slip.
- Operate and maneuver warehouse tools and equipment, including but not limited to pallet jacks, forklifts, and pushcarts, in the manner necessary to move materials consistent with the manufacturer’s instructions and safety instructions.
- Sort and stock shelves with incoming shipments according to established procedures.
- Maintain the warehouse in a safe, orderly, and clean state.
- Maintain shipping supplies to support current activity levels.
- Assist with hard counts of inventory items.
Production / Manufacturing
- Fill in as needed in other areas of the production department, such as filling, labeling, or sanding flooring and samples.
- Follow all safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, carrying, etc.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of all warehouse operations.
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors
- Extended periods of standing.
- Potential exposure to mildly hazardous material – safety equipment & training provided.
- Infrequent lifting, up to 60 lbs. Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
- The work area is climate-controlled with the potential for an occasional warm and humid work environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving functions.
- Strong computer skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Capable of lifting 60 lbs.
- Able to operate sit down forklift and manual pallet jacks – training provided.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Hazmat shipping certification or the ability to quickly obtain it.
- Desire to adhere to UDT’s core values.
Salary and benefits offered
- Competitive pay
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Health insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Long term disability insurance