LEAD QC CHEMIST
Lead Quality Control Chemist
The Quality Control Chemist position will work closely with our chemistry, production, and customer service team to facilitate the production of consistent and reliable products. The position will be responsible for routine QC laboratory analysis of raw materials, in-process mixtures, finished products, stability testing, and production process validation. Candidates must demonstrate competence in conducting physical and chemical analyses using a wide range of laboratory techniques. Experience writing standard operating procedures (A standard operating procedure (SOP) is a set of detailed written instructions that describes the step-by-step process that must be taken to properly ... More), data processing, data organization, and a process manufacturing environment are required. The position will also be responsible for the maintenance and verification of laboratory equipment and routine lab upkeep. Collaboration, communication, taking ownership of assigned projects, and the ability to be a self-starter are critical in our rapidly growing manufacturing facility.
- Conduct quality control testing on raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products.
- Author/review COAs, stability reports, ASTM testing protocols, and other reporting as assigned.
- Work with the production team to resolve deviations in finished goods. Develop correction and detection methods to increase production consistency and efficiency.
- Develop and write standard operating procedures for new products.
- Interface with customer service team to resolve technical issues that arise with customers.
- Ensure continuous improvement of data storage and retrieval.
- Assist the marketing team with data presentation and interpretation.
- Participate as a team member or leader on our Environmental Health and Safety Committee, keeping up to date with regulation changes.
- Highly organized with experience in data storage and retrieval.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to supervise a team of quality control technicians and/or production technicians as the company grows.
- Self-starter, capable of taking ownership of projects. Accountability is critical in a fast-growing company.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in chemistry or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in a quality control position.
- 2+ years experience in a process manufacturing environment, ideally in the coatings or adhesive industry.