What is ozone water and how does it work?
Ozone, O3, is a molecule made up of three atoms of oxygen. Compare that with the normal “oxygen” you breath made of two atoms of oxygen, O2.
When applied to cleaning, ozone is a miracle molecule. That extra oxygen atom can attack dirt, pollutants or microbes in the same way that chlorine does. But after the attack, ozone returns back into non-toxic oxygen and water. In fact, if you leave a bottle of ozonated water standing around for about 15 minutes, it returns to being just ordinary water again. No household hazardous wastes left over. No toxic chemicals to persist in the environment after you dump excess cleaner down the sink.
In its early development, because ozone falls apart after 15 minutes, leaving ordinary water behind, it is impossible to buy ozonated cleaners at your local store. Ozone must be generated immediately before use. Now with commercial ozone generating technology, ozone water can be stable for up to 24 hours.
Some of the benefits of ozonated water are:
• Eliminates germs, odors, stains, mold, and mildew.
• Quickly kills viruses and bacteria including E.coli, Salmonella, MRSA and more.
• Safe and effective with no toxins, carcinogens, or chemical residue.
• Converts safely back to tap water and oxygen.
• Reduces slips and falls up to 70% with no chemical residue left behind.
There are a lot of different ways of generating ozonated water, for more information contact our Ozone Expert: Roger Negaard