First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery. We are truly inspired by the selfless healthcare workers around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to care for people in need.
Second, UDT is focused on the health and safety of our employees, families, and communities. UDT plans to remain open for business at this point, which includes both manufacturing and fulfilling orders. We will continue to “keep the lights on” unless we are required to shut down for the health of our nation.
UDT believes Coronavirus is a critical issue that requires every individual to become accurately informed and to take all required actions. We are doing our part to keep the UDT family of employees, customers, and vendors healthy. We are taking COVID-19 very seriously and realize that these times are uncertain and scary for people of all ages and conditions.
At UDT, we are directing employees to follow the president’s coronavirus guidelines for America (link to Coronavirus.gov) as well as the following:
- Providing Clorox wipes and liquified ozone water so that commonly used surfaces (i.e. doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down by employees before and after each use
- Providing liquid alcohol hand sanitizers and antibacterial soap for washing and sanitizing hands
- Allowing employees to work remotely if possible and when necessary
- Practicing social distancing
- Postponing in-person meetings or conducting them via telephone
- Postponing business-related trips
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. We are committed to partnering and persevering with you in the days and years ahead. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions in this difficult time.
President, Ultra Durable Technologies